Church of St. Jakub Většího Mnichovo Hradiště
Baroque church of St. Jakub Většího, which can be found on 1. Máje Street in Mnichov Hradiště, is, in addition to the Church of St. The Three Kings near the castle is an important architectural monument of this city. Its location on a hill allows visitors to enjoy a magical view of the surroundings and towards the local castle.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Church of St. Jakub Většího Mnichovo Hradiště
Church of St. Jakub Větší was built by Countess Marie Markéta Valdštejnová, née Černínová from Chudenice, in the places where the older church once stood. It is not known who became the builder of the church.
Tombstones were placed near the church, which are now, except for one, in the local museum. Of the cemetery that once stood in these places, only the cemetery walls and the tomb have survived to the present day. The area of the old cemetery today consists of a bare plain, in the middle of which are four monuments with crosses, belonging to the graves of Austrian soldiers who fell in 1866 during the Battle of Lhotice, which is a village about 3 km from Mnichovo Hradiště.
Near the church of St. Jakub Většího is the dean's building from 1701.
Author: Andrea Štyndlová