Infantry cabin U Cihelny
Infantry cabin K-S 14 U Cihelny is a two-winged double-sided building, concreted from September 29 to October 8. in 1936. During its construction, 2,110 m3 of concrete was consumed and was armed with two anti-tank cannons, coupled with a heavy machine gun, with two twins of heavy machine guns, a heavy machine gun, five light machine guns and a 9 cm mortar. The building also included two armored infantry bells.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Infantry cabin U Cihelny
History of the infantry cabin
On June 9, 1936, the army was given the task of building an infantry cabin together with nine other buildings. It was 3./III. construction sub-section of ŽSV III Králíky and the whole construction was to be completed within 220 days. The amount of the tender for the seven buildings of the sub-section was 5,979,363.56 crowns and by September 1938, all planned buildings were built, equipped and armed.
On the night of October 3, 1938, Sergeant Arnošt Hrad was fatally shot here. This happened during the forced evacuation and clearing of the fortifications by the Czechoslovak army. Arnošt Hrad was a member of the cabin crew, who deliberately did not leave the fortress.
During October 1940, there were tests of weapons and interior equipment, such as firing a fortress mortar, mortar for an armored bell, machine guns and firing from a fortress cannon. These were the most extensive tests of the complete range of Czechoslovak infantry weapons, which took place in our territory and which were carried out by the German army. During the subsequent shooting of the infantry cabin with various weapons up to caliber 21, the building, weapons and loopholes were significantly damaged.
In the second half of the 20th century, the log house underwent several modifications for various purposes, and in 1998 the building was reconstructed.
Author: Andrea Štyndlová