Sládeček Museum of Local Lore Kladno
The impetus for the establishment of this museum, located in the once industrial Kladno, was the demolition of the Gothic church, insufficient in its capacity for the rapid growth of the population during the development of the smelters and mines. The church was rehabilitated in 1897 and church monuments, statues and altarpieces, not used in the construction of the new church, were the basis of the museum's collections. However, the exhibits have been waiting for their exhibition for almost 40 years.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Sládeček Museum of Local Lore Kladno
The museum was built in the former Kladno chateau, after its purchase from the Benedictine order. It has been open since 1935, but now you can find it in the premises of one of the former director's villas Poldi in Huťská Street.
In addition to the mentioned church objects, the permanent exhibition also consists of archeological finds from the Kladno district. There are also collections from the fields of petrography, paleontology, mineralogy, cartography, zoology and fine arts. You can also see, for example, a collection library, utility ceramics, mining uniforms, documents, prints and historical photographs. All, of course, with a focus on Kladensko, its history and famous personalities, such as Antonín Zápotocký, Václav Beneš Třebízský, Cyril Bouda or the artist of the Valová sister.
An interesting museum exhibit is, for example, a Renaissance tiled stove, models of shafts, or a women's costume from the Podbudeč region.
In addition to the permanent exhibition, the museum also hosts short-term exhibitions. Every year it is, for example, an exhibition of photographs, there are also frequent exhibitions on the theme of Poldi, but the space is also given to nostalgic themes, such as Ladovská zima and Kladno, How dolls lived, exhibitions of nativity scenes, or the world of macro photography. An interesting topic was also the topic of the Kladno "mandelinka" jak., As the Kladno residents call public transport buses.
The branches of the Sládeček Museum are also the Mayrau Mining Open-Air Museum, the Budeč Rotunda and an atypical military bunker from the Second World War in Bratronice.
Author: Ivana Dondová