Satinské waterfalls are probably the most famous waterfalls in the Beskydy Mountains, although they are some of the lowest. We find them on the Satina creek, approximately 5 km in the direction southeast of Frýdlant nad Ostravicí. In the valley of Satina we will see a number of waterfalls about 1 meter high and other cascading waterfalls are at the side tributaries.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Satinské waterfalls
About the stream Satina and its waterfalls
The Satina stream has a spring below Lysá hora and further down the meandering village of Malenovice and the waterfalls can be seen at the Rajská bouda hotel. The whole local valley is now a relatively popular place for excursions, and this tradition dates back to the 19th century, when Satin's Falls was a popular excursion destination.
The upper course of the Satina is said to be one of the longest rock beds in the Moravian Carpathians. Visitors most often look for Satinské waterfalls - a section about 1 km long, which has the form of gorges, a depth of about 15 meters and a waterfall height of about 3 meters.
In 2006, the Satina waterfalls were inscribed on the list of natural monuments of the Czech Republic.
A walk through Satinsky waterfalls
• If you start walking along the road to the Petr Bezruč hotel, you will first see cascading waterfalls at the left tributary of the Satina.
• After more than 100 meters, you will walk to the bridge, where you will see a waterfall about 1 meter high.
• If you keep going downstream, you will come across a smaller waterfall and then immediately a rocky gorge with a left tributary, creating an impressive cascade.
• The main and also the most famous waterfall is 1.7 meters high, it is easy to walk from the road and is very popular with tourists.
• A few tens of meters away you will come across the last, smaller waterfall.
Road to the waterfalls
From the train station in Frýdlant nad Ostravicí, the road is just over 5 km long.
You can get off the bus at the Malenovice-Rajská bouda stop, from where it is about 1.4 km.
If you are traveling by car, you can park at the Rajská bouda hotel in Malenvice, from where it is also just over a kilometer on foot.
There is a green hiking trail right at the border of Satiny Waterfalls, but the gorge is less accessible.
Author: Andrea Štyndlová