Rokytnice v Orlických horách (chateau)
In the beautiful surroundings of the Eagle Mountains, near Rychnov nad Kněžnou, Vamberk and Doudleby nad Orlicí Castle, lies the town of Rokytnice in the Eagle Mountains and in it, directly on Masaryk Square, we find the castle.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Rokytnice v Orlických horách (chateau)
As is often the case with castles, Rokytnice Castle in the Orlické Mountains was also built in the places where the fortress once stood. Jan Lick from Rýzmburk had it built here in the years 1548 - 1553, but it did not stand here for many years. Already in 1600, Kryštof Maušvic from Armenruh had it demolished and a Renaissance chateau built in its place, which in 1734 underwent a Baroque reconstruction.
The chateau in Rokytnice v Orlických horách is located at the eastern elevated part of the square and has the form of a one-storey building with four wings and a square courtyard. The ground floor gallery of the chateau opens with large arches. In the façade of the chateau there is the coat of arms of the Nostics and in the northern wing there is a risalit with the chateau's baroque chapel of Peter and Paul. The ground floor rooms are vaulted, on the first floor they all have a flat ceiling.
On the floor of the chateau there is a magnificent hall with a horseshoe-shaped floor plan and walls and ceilings richly decorated with stucco decoration from the 17th century. The castle also houses two 17th-century stoves, decorated with colorful figural tiles. In one of the rooms there is a beautiful inlaid floor and in the south wing it is worth mentioning four wallpapered rooms from the 19th century.
In 1918, the chateau premises served minority schools for a short time. Until 1945, the chateau was owned by the Nostic - Rieneck family and served education for a long time. Before the revolution, the chateau was owned by ČKD Prague.
Author: Andrea Štyndlová