Chateau Hradec nad Moravicí
Take a walk with us through the old castle park, as well as gentlemen and ladies in the 16th century, listen to the birdsong, the rustle of the leaves of old trees. Welcome to Hradec nad Moravicí Castle.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Chateau Hradec nad Moravicí
The castle, which was built on the site of the original Slavic fort from the 8th century, was built in the middle of the 11th century by the Přemyslids and subsequently rebuilt by Přemysl Otakar II. It was often pledged and only its last stop, Kašpar Pruský from Pruskov, began a renaissance reconstruction, during which he added an ornamental garden and a forest park. In February 1796, a large fire broke out in the chateau, followed by another reconstruction in the spirit of period historicism and classicism. The third significant reconstruction took place between 1874 and 1891, when the builders Langer from Wrocław and Händel from Weimar began the reconstruction of the so-called Red Castle with a wall and the White Tower in the style of the German Middle Ages. Since 2001, the chateau has been a National Cultural Monument.
During the tour of the White Castle, we will visit the castle reading room, library halls, the neo-Gothic corridor, a number of social halls, the castle chapel and an exhibition of historic bicycles in the west wing. We can have lunch and spend the night in the Red Castle. There is a restaurant with a hotel. Various cultural events, such as concerts, etc., also take place here.
The castle also includes a beautiful park, which, including the forest park, covers 136 hectares. Rare deciduous trees grow here, such as the tulip lily, the sycamore maple, the three-thorn birch. Some trees are hundreds of years old and even remember the Thirty Years' War.
Not far from Hradec stands the Raduň chateau, in the area of which there is also a nature and landscape park, but it is one of the most important listed systems in the Moravian-Silesian region. A slightly different category is the Michal mine, which offers a unique tour in the footsteps of a miner starting work. You can see here the original stationary electric machines from the early 20th century.
Author: Marie Bukovinská