Church of St. Wenceslas in Cachrov
The town of Čachrov itself was founded sometime in the middle of the 14th century. It is first mentioned in 1352. The parish church was founded a few years earlier.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Church of St. Wenceslas in Cachrov
It is a single-nave building with two square outbuildings, a sacristy on the north side and a prismatic tower on the west. It dates back to 1804. The ship originally had a flat ceiling, but in the 16th century it was equipped with a ribbed vault. Gothic murals were uncovered and restored on the north wall in 1941. Jiří Jelínek took care of this repair. From the paintings you can read the obvious influence of the court Master Theodoric.
The church had its Baroque appearance at the beginning of the 18th century, when it was modified by the skilled builder Mark Antony Gilmeti. Today there are three altars in the church - St. Wenceslas, St. John of Nepomuk and the Virgin Mary. They are also Baroque and are a movable cultural monument.
We still have to mention the Bachrov bells. In 1916, three bells were removed and used for war purposes. Only one of 1576 remained hanging. Instead of three taken down, a new bell was hung here on September 28, 1919. But history repeated itself, so during the war it was taken down again and, as before, a bell from the 16th century remained. He is still on the tower and weighs 384 kg.
Sometime next time we will focus on the fortress. It also belongs to the dominants of the town of Čachrov and is shrouded in many secrets, especially with regard to the many kilometers of underground corridors not yet explored.
Author: Marcela Horká, Vlastimil Hloupý