Malá Prašivá - Beskydy
Malá Prašivá is the name of one of the Beskydy peaks. It reaches a height of 706 m.n.m. and the truth is that its name doesn't sound very poetic. The name "Dusty" has its roots in pre-Christian times, when people affected by dust were taken to the forests of this peak.
Information for visitors
Interesting facts Malá Prašivá - Beskydy
The peak rises in the northern area of the Beskydy Protected Landscape Area and we find the church of St. Antonín Paduánský from the 17th century and Chata Prašivá. It lies below the Prašivá peak and is an important place of pilgrimage in the Moravian-Silesian Beskydy. The Lučina stream springs on the slopes of Malá Prašivá.
According to legend, every girl who goes barefoot on June 13 (St. Anthony's Day) to the church itself in Malá Prašivá will get married within a year.
The legend of the construction of a church in Malá Prašivá
In 1640, Count Jiří Oppersdorf organized a hunt in the forests of Malá Prašivá. He saw a deer in the trees and immediately followed him. However, he led him deep into the woods and was shot by the count. However, the wound did not kill him, so the deer immediately attacked the count, who hid behind a tree trunk. The deer pierced the tree with its antlers and imprisoned not only the count, but of course himself. The count was found only after three days of suffering and hunger, and for not losing his life here, and for finally saving himself, he had a church built on the hill of Malá Prašivá.
Road to Mala Prasiva
Malá Prašivá is located near the village of Vyšní Lhoty, from where an asphalt road leads, about 4 km long, so the road is suitable for both pedestrians and cyclists or families with a pram.
From the village of Pražmo, a blue tourist sign leads to the top and the road is about 6 km long. You can also come here from Raškovice, for example.
After climbing to the top, you will have beautiful views of the surroundings.
Buildings on the top of Malá Prašivá
- Church of St. Antonín Paduánský - a wooden church built in 1640. To this day, pilgrimages are held to this important place of pilgrimage.
- Cottage Prašivá - its construction began on April 11, 1921 and the official opening took place on October 2, 1921. Since the revolution, the cottage of the Czech Tourists Club Frýdek-Místek.
Author: Andrea Štyndlová